Thursday, March 22, 2012

Motherhood - A Reason to Love and Rejoice

Why does it so happen that we often ignore the divine present moments at hand and find ourselves lost in thoughts of the future that can wait to give these beautiful moments a chance to cherish for a lifetime?

While I was pregnant, I kept my mind engaged in useless thoughts of tomorrow, of fears of childbirth, fears of the unknown, fear of losing the job or possible inability to keep the job and the list goes on...

I got my 3 full months of much long awaited maternity leaves, after 10 years of dedicated service, little to no vacations and a routine work life. I had decided to make the most of it since this would be one of the very few long breaks one gets in a life full of jobs and work unless you plan a long sabbatical. When the time actually arrived, in between enjoying motherhood, I experienced bouts of depression, relapsed fear of joblessness, impending fading finance, and indefinite future of the child, etc., again missing the present moment that had so much to offer.

And guess what? I finally left  my job that I had hoped to hold on to forever when my child was 8 months old .Hence, I settled into a stay at home mom full time job. Again, instead of cherishing the lovely moments with the baby, I had been only thinking of new ways of generating cash flow and yet again attracting pointless alarmed thoughts of the future...

Today, I decided to pause and  give my horrifying stupid thoughts a chance to vanish for a while and enjoy the day with my son that I truly missed all these days...

It’s an overwhelming splendid feeling to capture real life visuals of your little loved one trying to cling to you and give you that captivating beautiful smile, troubling you, clapping his tiny hands, trying to hold, kiss and hug you, love you with his own small ways, the naughty face sneaking a peek when he refuses to comply, the small but significant acts that you will fail to catch if you blink....

So, does it really make sense to surround our minds by unpredictable thoughts that hold no good today. Instead, why don’t we let go and treasure these moments of the joys of motherhood that God has bestowed upon us with love...

No comments: